Thursday 10 November 2011

Hang on a minute...

How often have you stopped, stopped and just nothing? It may be for a few seconds or minutes.  This used to meditation and spellcasting use this time, a time to focus and connect.  A friend recently said to me, yes but what about us 'muggles'? My answer, anyone can do this, it is just we re so busy in life we automatically overlook our abilities to connect, an ability to connect with ourselves.  How often do you hear yourself saying, oh I will just do this email quickly, yes once I have checked my Twitter or Facebook, in a minute ...

Well STOP. STOP NOW.

Close your eyes and just notice what you can see, what you can hear and what you can feel.  It does not matter if ideas or to do lists pop into your head. The aim of the exercise is to stop. Make that minute yours.  Reclaim it.

A great exercise that many of the old craft working would suggest is staring into a candle, simple it may seem but only when you perform this can you appreciate the multitude of variations in shape, size and colour, the crackle the hiss.

For me, a great way to reclaim that time is to just stop when out and about. Clouds.
An approach to ground, connect with yourself and nature and reclaim.
SO today, and with the full moon energy in mind I have actively put that time aside.
My challenge for you, is to just try it, even if it is only once.
 Just STOP. STOP and look around, you will be quite amazed.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post. I love taking a moment when I’m running around doing what-not to stop and study the horizon or the sky. Your post reminded me that I don’t have to be outdoors to take a quiet moment.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete